Black and Scot was established to promote inclusive representation in the digital sector and economy.
We aim to:
- Stimulate career take up.
- Promote and showcase the variety of career and entrepreneurial paths within the industry.
- Work with organisations looking to improve their diverse representation including the advancement of black and ethnic minority professionals.
- Collaborate and work on initiatives to identify issues, opportunities, and challenges in attracting and retaining talent from the untapped labour pool of currently underrepresented groups.
- Support the industry in recruiting and retaining individuals from diverse backgrounds to meet the industry’s demand.
From one-to-one support sessions to group learning programmes, the aspiration for the vision has been inspired since 2017.
Led by specialists in the fields, Black and Scot has established a growing number of membership base in digital technology roles and businesses!
The Digital Sector
The digital sector is a vital component that is critical to the growth of a global economy. Due to its dynamic nature, organisations in public and private sector and consumers need digital skills, services, and expertise to thrive.
The digital sector provides economic growth and employment opportunities.
A diverse and inclusive digital sector, however, can improve growth, create a sustainable economies and opportunities for today and future generations.
Our aim is to support our members to access opportunities.
The digital sector provides employment and business opportunities in various fields including:
- Information Technology
- Professional Services
- Finance and Insurance
- Oil and Gas
- Oil and Gas
- Real Estate
- Logistics, Warehousing and Transportation
- Entertainment and Recreation
- Health Care